Setup and Analysis of Chemotaxis Assays
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
The aim of this online course is to instruct participants in the experimental setup and analysis of 2D and 3D chemotaxis assays with the ibidi µ-Slide Chemotaxis.
You will learn how to conduct a chemotaxis experiment from start to finish, including the handling of the slide, 3D gel preparation, live cell imaging, single cell tracking, and data analysis. Also, characteristic parameters of directed and undirected cell migration will be evaluated.
You will also have the opportunity to interact with the ibidi experts to learn tips and tricks that can help you with your own experiments.
After the course, you will be equipped with advanced knowledge and a better understanding of the necessary tools to perform your chemotaxis experiments like an expert.
No sterile working benches or cells are required to participate. Attend the course from the comfort of your office or home.
This course is intended for scientists and technical associates who have experience with cell culture and sterile working techniques, and who want to establish chemotaxis experiments with the ibidi µ-Slide Chemotaxis.
Day 1 – 4:00 - 7:30 pm CEST (breaks included)
- Introduction to chemotaxis and cell migration
- Show and Tell: Handling of the µ-Slide Chemotaxis
- Tips and Tricks: Setup of a chemotaxis experiment in 2D and 3D in the lab
- Live cell imaging
Day 2 – 4:00 - 7:30 pm CEST (breaks included)
- Evaluation and analysis of chemotaxis assays
- Methods of single cell tracking
- Important parameters of data analysis
- Sample experiments and experimental optimization